World ARC 2020 Joining Instructions
Leg 9: Airlie Beach to Kupang, Dates TBC
Skyelark will be moored at Airlie Beach Marina or anchored in the bay nearby. Please call Dan on 0044 7876 643206 to find the boat or WhatsApp works well.
The closest airport to Airlie Beach is Prosperpine. We will be anchored off Kupang - airport code KOE.
Join date is TBC from 1200 onwards.
We then set sail the next day and cruise through the Whitsunday islands before heading up towards Darwin probably stopping at Magnetic Island, Cairns, and Lizard Island on the way. We arrive into Darwin where we will have several days to explore before heading off to Kupang - a 3 and a half days sail.
Please plan on leaving the boat by 1200. We can assist with recommendations for local accommodation if required.
We will provide top & bottom sheets, pillows & cases. We do not provide towels.
You need to bring:
- Light weight waterproofs for the odd tropical downpour
- Small torch (flashlight) - head torches are recommended, red light useful for night time
- Personal music player/a couple of books/kindle
- Sunglasses & sun hat
- Mosquito spray
- Light warm weather clothing to include sun 'cover ups'
- Any personal medication
- Camera and charger
- Mask and Snorkel (and fins if required)
- Personal water bottle
- Personal insurance – we recommend Topsail: http://www.topsailinsurance.co.uk/a/SKL
We recommend bringing:
- Sailing gloves if required
- Small backpack for walks ashore
- Trainers/hiking sandals – we recommend Keen or Teva
- A small waterproof bag for dinghy trips can be useful
- Lonely Planet or similar guide book covering areas we will be visiting
It's warm during the day and cools quite a bit at night, so for the day time light weight cover ups are ideal. In the evening if you’re susceptible to cold and if it’s breezy you will need fleeces and trousers. The water is not so warm when we are still south, so a rash vest or shortie wetsuit may be a good idea for swimming or diving.
As with any sailing trip you probably don’t need as much as you think and your luggage should fit into a large soft bag - no suitcases please!
Australian Dollars, Indonesian Rupiah for Kupang.
Please let us know in advance:
- Flight details
- Medical issues
- Dietary requirements