World ARC 2020 Joining Instructions
Leg 7: Fiji, Port Vila, Vanuatu, 11th July–3rd August 2020
Skyelark will be at Port Denerau Marina. If you can’t find the boat please call Dan on 0044 7876 643206 or WhatsApp works well.
For arriving into Fiji, the international airport close by is Nadi (NAN or NFFN). Leaving from Port Vila in Vanuatu the airport is code VLI.
Join date is 11th July from 1200 onwards.
We then have 10 days to explore the Yasawa and Mamenuca Island groups in Fiji before heading off on a 3 day sail to Vanuatu. We will likely arrive into Aneiytum the furthest South island in the chain and then we will have 10 days to work our way north to finish the leg in Port Vila on the island of Efate.
Please plan on leaving the boat by 1200. We can assist with recommendations for local accommodation if required.
We will provide top & bottom sheets, pillows & cases. We do not provide towels.
You need to bring:
- Light weight waterproofs for the odd tropical downpour
- Small torch (flashlight) - head torches are recommended, red light useful for night time
- Personal music player/a couple of books/kindle
- Sunglasses & sun hat
- Mosquito spray
- Light warm weather clothing to include sun 'cover ups'
- Any personal medication
- Camera and charger
- Mask and Snorkel (and fins if required)
- Personal water bottle
- Personal insurance – we recommend Topsail: http://www.topsailinsurance.co.uk/a/SKL
We recommend bringing:
- Sailing gloves if required
- Small backpack for walks ashore
- Trainers/hiking sandals – we recommend Keen or Teva
- A small waterproof bag for dinghy trips can be useful
- Lonely Planet or similar guide book covering areas we will be visiting
It's hot in the day and cools a little at night, so for the day time light weight cover ups are ideal. In the evening if you’re susceptible to cold and if it’s breezy a light weight sweater can be useful.
As with any sailing trip you probably don’t need as much as you think and your luggage should fit into a large soft bag - no suitcases please!
Fiji is the Fijian Dollar. Vanuatu uses Vatu.
Please let us know in advance:
- Flight details
- Medical issues
- Dietary requirements