World ARC 2020 Joining Instructions
Leg 6: Tonga to Fiji, 12th June–6th July 2020
Skyelark will be anchored off Neiafu, the capital of Vava’u in Tonga. If you can’t find the boat please call Dan on 0044 7876 643206 or WhatsApp works well.
Arriving into Tonga you will need to take an internal flight from Tongatapu in the south of the island group to Vava’u in the North. There are international flight links to Tongatapu. (TBU) via Real Tonga Airline.
Leaving from Fiji, Port Denerau marina is very near the international airport at Nadi (NAN or NFFN).
Join date is 12th June from 1200 onwards.
We then cruise the Tongan islands before heading off on a 2 day passage to the Lau Group in Fiji. From here we would typically visit Taveuni Island, Kanduva Island group and the south of Viti Levu on the mainland. We finish the leg at Port Denerau Marina on 6th July.
Please plan on leaving the boat by 1200. We can assist with recommendations for local accommodation if required.
We will provide top & bottom sheets, pillows & cases. We do not provide towels.
You need to bring:
- Light weight waterproofs for the odd tropical downpour
- Small torch (flashlight) - head torches are recommended, red light useful for night time
- Personal music player/a couple of books/kindle
- Sunglasses & sun hat
- Mosquito spray
- Light warm weather clothing to include sun 'cover ups'
- Any personal medication
- Camera and charger
- Mask and Snorkel (and fins if required)
- Personal water bottle
- Personal insurance – we recommend Topsail: http://www.topsailinsurance.co.uk/a/SKL
We recommend bringing:
- Sailing gloves if required
- Small backpack for walks ashore
- Trainers/hiking sandals – we recommend Keen or Teva
- A small waterproof bag for dinghy trips can be useful
- Lonely Planet or similar guide book covering areas we will be visiting
It's hot in the day and cools a little at night, so for the day time light weight cover ups are ideal. In the evening if you’re susceptible to cold and if it’s breezy a light weight sweater can be useful.
As with any sailing trip you probably don’t need as much as you think and your luggage should fit into a large soft bag - no suitcases please!
Tonga requires Tongan Dollars. Fiji is the Fijian Dollar. Very few places accept cards so plan on using cash most of the time.
Please let us know in advance:
- Flight details
- Medical issues
- Dietary requirements