World ARC 2020 Joining Instructions
Leg 3: Galapagos to Marquesas, 3rd–27th March 2020
Skyelark will be anchored in Academy Bay on Santa Cruz, Galapagos. If you can’t find the boat, call Dan on 0044 7876 643206 or WhatsApp works well. To get to the Galapagos, the airport is Seymour/Baltra Airport (code GPS or SEGS). There is a 10 minute ferry journey across the Baltra channel. Then a taxi to the boat in Academy Bay is around $18.
Non EU citizens entering French Polynesia will need a bond exemption which can be obtained through World ARC for $107 US approx. Leaving Hiva Oa, flights go through Tahiti 4 times a week.
If accommodation is required, we recommend the Hiva Oa Hanakee Pearl Lodge.
Join date is 3rd March from 1200 onwards. We set sail for the Marquesas on 5th March with the WARC fleet.
We arrive approximately 20 days later, 25th March into Taaoa Bay, Hiva Oa. Leg finishes on 27th March.
Please plan on leaving the boat by 1200. We can assist with recommendations for local accommodation if required.
We will provide top & bottom sheets, pillows & cases. We do not provide towels.
You need to bring:
- Light weight waterproofs for the odd tropical downpour
- Small torch (flashlight) - head torches are recommended, red light useful for night time
- Personal music player/a couple of books/kindle
- Sunglasses & sun hat
- Mosquito spray
- Light warm weather clothing to include sun 'cover ups'
- Any personal medication
- Camera and charger
- Mask and Snorkel (and fins if required)
- Personal water bottle
- Personal insurance – we recommend Topsail: http://www.topsailinsurance.co.uk/a/SKL
We recommend bringing:
- Sailing gloves if required
- Small backpack for walks ashore
- Trainers/hiking sandals – we recommend Keen or Teva
- A small waterproof bag for dinghy trips can be useful
- Lonely Planet or similar guide book covering areas we will be visiting
It's hot in the day and cools a little at night, so for the day time light weight cover ups are ideal. In the evening if you’re susceptible to cold and if it’s breezy a light weight sweater can be useful.
As with any sailing trip you probably don’t need as much as you think and your luggage should fit into a large soft bag - no suitcases please!
The Galapagos accept US Dollars. The Marquesas accept Central Pacific Francs (CPF).
Please let us know in advance:
- Flight details
- Medical issues
- Dietary requirements