World ARC 2020 Joining Instructions
Leg 11: Lombok to Phuket, 3rd-23rd November
Skyelark will be anchored at the Medana Marina or anchored in the bay nearby - this is in the North of Lombok. Please call Dan on 0044 7876 643206 to find the boat or WhatsApp works well. You can either fly direct into Lombok and go over land to the marina, or fly into Bali where there are possiblities for ferries across to Lombok.
We will finish the leg anchored off Ao Chalong Bay which is in the South of Phuket. HKT is the airport code for Phuket.
Join date is 3rd November from 1200 onwards.
We will set sail the next day heading up towards Batam Island and the Nongsa Point Marina (930nm). We will have a few days to explore here before continuing up to Penang in Malaysia (around 360nm) . From here it’s a day sail up to Langkawi where we will have a few days to explore before the final 100nm passage up to Phuket. There is then likely to be time to cruise the islands off Phuket before the end of the leg. There may also be time for other stops enroute.
Please plan on leaving the boat by 1200. We can assist with recommendations for local accommodation if required.
We will provide top & bottom sheets, pillows & cases. We do not provide towels.
You need to bring:
- Light weight waterproofs for the odd tropical downpour
- Small torch (flashlight) - head torches are recommended, red light useful for night time
- Personal music player/a couple of books/kindle
- Sunglasses & sun hat
- Mosquito spray
- Light warm weather clothing to include sun 'cover ups'
- Any personal medication
- Camera and charger
- Mask and Snorkel (and fins if required)
- Personal water bottle
- Personal insurance – we recommend Topsail: http://www.topsailinsurance.co.uk/a/SKL
We recommend bringing:
- Sailing gloves if required
- Small backpack for walks ashore
- Trainers/hiking sandals – we recommend Keen or Teva
- A small waterproof bag for dinghy trips can be useful
- Lonely Planet or similar guide book covering areas we will be visiting
It's warm during the day and cools quite a bit at night, so for the day time light weight cover ups are ideal. In the evening if you're susceptible to cold and if it's breezy you will need fleeces and trousers.
As with any sailing trip you probably don’t need as much as you think and your luggage should fit into a large soft bag - no suitcases please!
Indonesian Rupiah, Malayasian Ringgit, Thai Baht.
Please let us know in advance:
- Flight details
- Medical issues
- Dietary requirements