World ARC 2020 Joining Instructions
Leg 10: Kupang to Lombok, 13th-31st October
Skyelark will be anchored off Kupang in the bay - airport code KOE. We will finish the leg either moored at the Medana Marina or anchored in the bay nearby. This is in the North of Lombok. Please call Dan on 0044 7876 643206 to find the boat or WhatsApp works well.
You can either fly direct out of Lombok, accessed via land from the marina, or fly out of Bali where there are possiblities for ferries across from Lombok.
Join date is 13th October from 1200 onwards.
We then set sail the next day and head for Rinca island around 250nm away. From there we will gently make our way through the various islands before arriving into Medana Marina (220nm) where this leg ends.
Please plan on leaving the boat by 1200. We can assist with recommendations for local accommodation if required.
We will provide top & bottom sheets, pillows & cases. We do not provide towels.
You need to bring:
- Light weight waterproofs for the odd tropical downpour
- Small torch (flashlight) - head torches are recommended, red light useful for night time
- Personal music player/a couple of books/kindle
- Sunglasses & sun hat
- Mosquito spray
- Light warm weather clothing to include sun 'cover ups'
- Any personal medication
- Camera and charger
- Mask and Snorkel (and fins if required)
- Personal water bottle
- Personal insurance – we recommend Topsail: http://www.topsailinsurance.co.uk/a/SKL
We recommend bringing:
- Sailing gloves if required
- Small backpack for walks ashore
- Trainers/hiking sandals – we recommend Keen or Teva
- A small waterproof bag for dinghy trips can be useful
- Lonely Planet or similar guide book covering areas we will be visiting
It's warm during the day and cools quite a bit at night, so for the day time light weight cover ups are ideal. In the evening if you're susceptible to cold and if it's breezy you will need fleeces and trousers.
As with any sailing trip you probably don’t need as much as you think and your luggage should fit into a large soft bag - no suitcases please!
Please let us know in advance:
- Flight details
- Medical issues
- Dietary requirements